Sunday 10 June 2012

Distressing time...

But in a very good way :D I decided to have a play with my Tim Holtz distress ink pads and try a different style of card.  

I took a plain sheet of white card and stamped it with a key stamp, then distressed it with Antique Linen. I used this as the base layer. I then stamped another key related image and distressed it too. I layered them onto brown paper to make them stand out a wee bit.  I made the sentiment and printed it out, that way it could be related to the card more.



I hope you like the finished card :-)


I would like to enter it into the following challenges;
Our Creative Corner - Favourite Tim Holtz technique(Distressing)
Sugar Creek Hollow - Make your own designer paper
The House That Stamps Built - 2 images,  one sentiment.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love Tim Holtz' stamps - I'm just not very good with them! You, however, rocked these images! What a great card, Carol! So happy that you joined in the challenge at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card Carol,
    Just become a follower, you have some great creations on here.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, so pretty, love the antique keys and your lock...just a perfect bg with your sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those keys--and the lock is fabulous too!!! Gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic card and thank you for playing along with The House That Stamps Build challenge. Love how your floating key bg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love your paper the keys along with the lock are marvelous... just love it all...thanks for joining in this week at sch

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sentiment is so perfect with the images. THanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x