Monday 8 July 2013

The sun has got his hat on.

And he's coming out to play! It is really warm and sunny here in Glasgow, and I am toiling with this heat! We have fans on in every room, and it is just too warm to do anything energetic, so today I took myself into the craftroom and made a bundle of CAS cards.

I am having trouble sleeping again, and the heat isn't helping lol. So I lie in bed thinking of different cards to make and keep a wee notebook beside the bed for my ideas. This was one that came to me at 1am last night.

I made ten in total, and made 9 of them with the sentiments from the new Sentiments Stamp Set from Sarah Hurley. I am always on the look out for a nice sentiment stamp set and this set has stamps for all occasions, ranging from "New arrival" to "Thinking of you".  I decided to use the "Thinking of you" stamp, but use lovely bright colours instead of the usual neutrals or pastels that I would use when using a sentiment like this.  As the stamp is a really generous size, I used two different colours of Memento Ink pads, to match in with the ribbon I found in my stash. I have lots of embossing folders, and really don't use them enough, so today I used my honeycomb one from Stampin Up.



Ingredients
Thinking of You stamp from Sentiments Stamp Set by Sarah Hurley
Honeycomb embossing folder from Stampin Up
Memento Ink Pads
Card Candi
Ribbon and orange pearlescent card from stash.

I hope you like my sunshiney card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Crazy 4 Challenges - Let's get wordy
4 Crafty Chicks - Dry Embossing
Aud Sentiments - Two Words


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT!
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Carol..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "dry embossing" challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean, simple and totally fabulous! Don't you just love this embossing folder, it totally makes everything pop! Fabulous inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card and great C&S look. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiment. Two word challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x