Thursday 29 August 2013

Autumn Glow

Hello, it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. And this post is for the new challenge over at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, and the theme set by the lovely Jess is Autumn Glow.  I don't know about you, but Autumn is my favourite season, cold sunny days, walks in the park with crunchy leaves under foot, hot choccies and candles...oooohhhh can't wait!! Anyway, I digress, for my DT creation, I played about with Autumnal colours and used the idea of an Indian Summer and made a pretty little Red Indian girl.

I used stamp sets available from the Sarah Hurley Shop and will explain which stamp set each one came from.  

I made the background arrows using a border stamp from the Borders, Corners and Banners stamp set (I also used a banner from this to stamp the sentiment on).

The girl comes from the Be Amazing Girl stamps, as do the feathers in her hair and her fabulous eyelashes. I stamped her onto white card using brown memento ink. I decided to put lots of stars on her dress and they came from the Wish Upon a Star Girl Stamps. I really wanted to put a headdress on her and used one of the chevrons from the Borders, Corners & Banners stamp set and curved it slightly to sit nicely on her head. For the first time ever I stamped the feathers onto the top of her head using the masking technique, oh it was nerve wracking lol. I coloured her hair, skin and shoes in with promarkers.

The sentiment is from Sentiment Stamp set.




Ingredients
Memento ink pads
Promarkers
Martha Stewart Corner Punch
Diamond White card
Green and burgandy card from stash.

I hope you like my card, and will join in with us this time.

I would like to enter the following challenges;
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes with an Uplifting Sentiment
Part Time Tuesdays  - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles  - Fall Colours
The Squirrel and the Fox - Fall Colours




6 comments:

  1. I love autumn, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation thank you for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck - Sharon DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thank you for playing along with us and sharing your work at Kaboodle Doodles challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Autumn colours, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x