Monday 26 May 2014

Take time!

Hi, it's a Bank Holiday Monday here today and I have had a great day in the craft room playing, I will share my makes over the next few days.

First on my infamous "to do list" was a retirement card for a male, always tricky to make a card for a fella but even worse for an occasion like retirement. I had a good prowl through my stamps and found  this sentiment in a Paper Artsy set and thought it was ideal - "Take time to enjoy the small things in life". The theme of the sentiment is "time", so I decided on a Tim Holtz embossing folder for my background to keep it all nice and simple.

I became the proud owner of a set of Perfect Layer Rulers, and I am using them on everything, even this card lol.

Ingredients
Paper Artsy Stamps
Copper embossing powder
Tim Holtz embossing folder
Versa Mark Ink
Kraft papers and Kraft Card from stash.

Thanks for popping by today, hope to see you soon.

I would like to enter the following challenges;
Addicted to CAS - Texture
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' - One for the guys
Vintage Journey - All about him
Simply Create Too - For a Male
That's Crafty - Use kraft
Cute Card Thursday -Text Only

9 comments:

  1. Just blog hopping and I found you. What an elegant male card.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Design perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge one for the guy's little or big, thank you for sharing with us...
    we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect sentiment to match Tim's wonderful embossing folder. Such a lovely retirement card! Thanks for joining in our 'All About Him' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have made I have a clock embossing folder as well and use mine a lot thanks for taking the time to share with suze bees bloomin this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great masculine card and so perfect for a retirement theme! Love the embossed background! Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect textured bg with the sentiment! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mix of sentiment and EF and love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pleasing to the eye and definitely gets your message across. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect Carol, the embossing in the background is fab x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x