Tuesday 8 July 2014

It's time to celebrate!!

And what better way to do it than to make beautiful things to commemorate it. The Sarah Hurley Designs challenge is 4 years old this month and we are hosting a Celebration Themed Challenge.

I decided to make a baby card for a complete change! I am loving the different styles of journalling cards Sarah has over at the Silhouette Store and used the Baby Journalling Card as the main focus of the card. I stamped some tiny clusters of stars from the Doodle Doll Stamps and stamped them round the card with VersaMark ink then clear embossed them. I distressed the card using Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks. I cut an extra journalling card, and removed the baby word, distressed it with Black Soot DI and placed it on the chevrons. I popped the journalling card onto some 3D foam to give the card some dimension.

I used the Chevron Background Stamp, which I inked with lilac and pink pearlescent Brilliance inks, then covered with clear embossing powders and heat sealed it. Such a great look for not an awful lot of work. I really love inking this stamp up with different colours, it always looks great for a large background.


Ingredients
Brilliance Inks
Distress Inks
Clear Embossing Powder

I really hope you can join in with our Celebration Challenge this month. See you soon, Carol x

I would like to enter the following challenges;
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Baby
CCC Digi Creations - Digi/wet or dry embossing (journalling card is a digi file)
Savvy Handmade Cards - Reach for the stars
Cute Card Thursday - Reach for the stars

4 comments:

  1. Delightful card! Your chevron background is outstanding and I love the colors you used. Thanks for adding stars and sharing your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carol, I love the chevron background stamp and the layout. Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations this week. We would love to see you again ... Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC DIgi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great baby card Carol. I love that chevron background and the way the word baby sits in the aperture. Thanks so much for joining our Baby challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x